Party in ranked TFT is completely unfair

I've just had a wonderful game of ranked TFT with 4 players with the same club tag that constantly talked to each other. Obviously, they created the game as a party. And 4 other players, including myself, were unlucky enough to get filled in. Those 4 players went for 4 comps that had no champs in common: Glacial/Berserkers, Inferno/Summoners, 6 Mages, 6 Lights. And they started hyperrolling immediately. Without any serious competition, they all got 3-star champions quickly and blew all other players off the board. I didn't stay to watch how it ended up between those 4, but THIS IS BULLSHIT. Why is party allowed in ranked TFT? It is completely unfair to those not in the party. What happened in the game above is just one of the advantages of party play in a FFA game. Those 4 players could also bring their alts on a phone and have them throw the game and take the bottom spots. This is a widespread practice in TFT these days. Tons of lv 1 River Sprites in ranked games that either AFK or hyperroll to grab champs that their owners want to take away from their opponents. **DISABLE RANKED PARTY IN TFT!!!** Those who want to have fun with friends should play Normal games, not ranked. Ranked TFT is a FFA game, the client says it clearly in the game creation screen: "TEAMFIGHT TACTICS (RANKED) * FREE-FOR-ALL" Teaming up should never be allowed in FFA!

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

Absolutely disagree. They won because they are good not cause they are party. You shouldn't worry about it because if they are higher division than you then you will gain much more LP for a win or lose fewer LP for a lose. The game is much more fun in party. Relax.
You can disagree all you want, but my post says exactly why they won. They were the same rank as me too. A party of 4 can guarantee +LP for themselves in the two ways I mentioned: reduced competition in hyperrolling vs 4 random real opponents, or winning by default vs their own alts. Either way, party play is completely against the spirit of FFA.
The other guy is right, you weren't unlucky, you are just bad. Hyper rolling does not change what they might get, the only information they might gain from being on comms is what is in their shop, outside of that you always have access to other players' boards. If you choose not to look at other boards, that is on you. Now if they were sacrificing themselves to boost another, that would be a different story.
> **Kuponya \(NA\) said:** The other guy is right, you weren't unlucky, you are just bad. Hyper rolling does not change what they might get, the only information they might gain from being on comms is what is in their shop, outside of that you always have access to other players' boards. If you choose not to look at other boards, that is on you. Now if they were sacrificing themselves to boost another, that would be a different story. Before you insult somebody, maybe look first. Just for context: I'm Platinum 2. You don't understand what advantage they get by teaming up and hyperrolling? I'll explain. They are playing 4 completely different comps that they chose before the game. This means that each of them has 3 fewer potential competitors for their champions than in a real 8-player FFA game. Each of them is basically playing a 5-man FFA, as far as the champion pool is considered. They can start hyperrolling from round 1-3, without keeping any champs 'just in case', looking at the other players and choosing what to build later. They spend all gold immediately. That is how they get 3-star champions very early. Normally that would be a bad strategy, too risky, because you never know how many people are rolling against you and what comps will be in the game. But they do know. They can hyperroll safely. If all other players go for the same build as one of them, that means the other 3 win easily. And that's fine when you work as a team. Most of the time though, each of them has either 1 or 0 competitors. Do you understand now? And I don't know if they are boosting each other either. What they do after they eliminate the other 4 players is entirely up to them. Since they are the same rank, they probably agree before the game who takes which place and then take turns winning. This was just the worst case I've run into. But nothing stops a group of 8 players (or 4 real players and 4 alts, or 1 real player with a bunch of pc/phones and his 7 alts, or w/e other combinations) from running a 100% rigged game of ranked TFT that nobody will see. Teaming up is against the spirit of FFA. That is my main point here.

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.