Thresh VFX Update

Hello everyone! Similar to the previous VFX updates we’ve made in the past (*Ziggs, Olaf, Lux, etc*), we're working on updates to the Visual Effects (VFX) of more champions whose spell effects are in need of some love. Our aim is to get their FX to current League standards and improve gameplay clarity. In Patch **10.1**, we'll be releasing a VFX Update for Thresh! *Just like the previous ones, and since these are smaller updates geared toward sprucing up some of the oldest members of the roster, they aren't in the same prioritization conversation as to how we decide who gets a VGU (where we take model, gameplay, and thematic into account too!): they do not affect any other timeline, and are simply dev passion projects.* We're looking for feedback on his VFX changes, which should be up on the PBE soon-ish. Please try him out there —especially if you're a main— and leave us your feedback once the changes are up! ------- ####{{champion:412}} **_~~THRESH~~_**{{champion:412}} *VFX Update aimed at improving gameplay readability and bringing up his VFXs to today's standards, while improving his thematic feel.* https://imgur.com/TxtmdZc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hS3Oz7ZUj4 # #*Base Kit:* * **P** - New souls and power-up effects. * **BA** - Trails on all skins, and new hit effects. * **Q** - Made the hitbox clearer and adjusted hook position. New hit effects. New link break effect (ie. on cleanse/qss). New wind-up effect. * **W** - New Lantern missile and AOE indicator. Should be more noticeable and in-thematic. New edge indicator. Cleaned up ray of light towards Thresh. Lantern now rotates much more fluidly (no more chunky rotations, except if you're super close to it). Cleaned up overall. * **E** - Added a circle indicator to show the *actual* hitbox. **Yes, there was a circle hitbox around it.** Why? How would I know. At least now it's clearly indicated. Also new indicator overall with improved thematic feel. * **R** - Thematic feel improvement, and cleaned up. I kept the original pillars. * **Idle Effects** - Cleaned up and improved idle effects overall to match his actual appearance (read "match the Senna cinematic"). E comparison: https://imgur.com/nGnRhdl ------- # # *Skin changes:* * **All Skins:** Cleaned up and matched base changes. * **Deep Terror Thresh:** Cleaned up overall, and more bubbles. * **Championship Thresh:** New Championship particles overall, and some cleanup. * **Blood Moon Thresh:** Mostly just a cleanup with some thematic improvements. * **Dark Star Thresh:** Mostly just some tweaks to match base. * **High Noon Thresh:** Mostly just some tweaks to match base. ------- # #***Known things to add/fix:*** - Add BA Trails on Dark Star. - Add E circle indicators on Pulsefire Thresh. - W Lantern fire position is off on High Noon Thresh. ------- Please test those changes on the PBE once he's up (should be some time next week) and let us know if you have any feedback! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

Try to tone down the glow at the hook part of the hook :p
When is Rumble getting one of this? Every skin besides SG you cant tell the Q range. Plus his classic model is so clunky, always shaking and his autos are so clunky.
U know there is some champions that needs a visual update, like Udyr or Draven. Why did u choose Thresh who was (imo) okay with his VFX in game
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS A CIRCLE HITBOX DURING HIS E? # WHAT? # ##### Visual effects look great btw.
Like everytime your VFX are awesome dude. I love your work! Every champion that you make a VFX Update of bring them much more personality and it's a lot more clear at the same time! Love it!
I feel like rumble might just need a vgu not just vfx, so he might get it later on next year after fiddle and voli, i think it's udyr, and after maybe rumble
Like Lux, this is a passion project, so he chose a fun project as opposed to one that _needed_ it.
Great changes, can't wait to see the white aura SSW Thresh might get.
Any plans on fixing Thresh walking animation when he absorbs a soul on base and skins older than Dark Star? Also on Dark Star there is another bug, the lantern disappears sometimes when he uses W and it doesn't appear again until you use the ability again.
SSW Thresh is a 750rp skin, so he'll just be using base VFXs!
More mist under his legs and less fire in the eyes and its damn perfect
could you maybe add the circle indicator to the actual spell indicator when using it? it looks weird to have a complete rectangle when casting and then having a random circle
Some nice subtle improvements go a long way towards helping him feel more ghostly. My recommendation is that thresh's targetting box for his E include the side curves as well (the cast does show these) See for reference (with MS Paint skillz): https://imgur.com/a/RTUwaoE
Also, this is likely out of the scope of this VFX update, but how cool would it be if enemies who break the Ult wall hear the Thresh lullaby at a low volume for a few seconds?
I would love that but I do not have control over these... :( I can ask around, though!
As a Thresh main, I think these updates are awesome :D
holy shit, the base model looks so much better now. no more glowing hairs, his hands actually look like hands not like green gloves and the green in general is darker and less shiny. great work
> **Riot Sirhaian \(NA\) said:** I would love that but I do not have control over these... :( I can ask around, though! Thank you. I literally didn't realize there was a small side area because of the old target box/vfx and I played Thresh a decent bit back in the day, and hopefully I wasn't the only one who missed that! Knowing there is some latitude on the sides will adjust how I target the E.
So these are awesome. VERY few complaints here, but a few comments: * Not sure if it's in-scope or not, but have you considered making the claws on Thresh's ultimate not angled *quite* so far in? It makes the area seem smaller than it is. * E looks *amazing*, but it's odd not seeing those sharp ground lines on the other abilities -- thoughts on incorporating those a bit more into Thresh's aesthetic, or backing off on them a bit here? * Love the new auto-attack animations. They're fucking gorgeous. * Is the circular radius on the lantern showing time remaining also the target click radius? If not, is there a way you could better highlight the clickable area to make it stand out a bit more?

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.