The Good, The Bad, and the League: 8/8 - 8/21
_Your semi-weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other!_
Summer Finals is this weekend, Hextech champions have been added to TFT, we’re closing in on Worlds! Also, sorry for the posting delay, currently helping with LCS finals in Detroit.
* **Mac voice still not working properly** Bug assigned to a specialist. (Core bug is still being worked on, will be reaching out next week for updates).
* ** None **
**Server Stuff: **
* ** Friendlists not showing up in Client (8/19, ~45 minutes)** A change management update increased the number of database connections for chat within the client. However, the increase also caused player chatlists to fail to load. Engineers briefly made a change to the new connections, which fixed the problem once players relogged.
* **Elevated Platform Reconnects(8/16, ~2 hours)** Automated monitoring notices a drop in game starts and platform reconnects. NOC alerts Riot teams and investigation starts looking at what changes were made or other reasons for the spikes. Engineers eventually find that a single memory chip on a board in a server in a room at a datacenter (wow, much specific) was throwing incorrect data and causing the problems. A full reboot of that board and start sequence fixes the issue and causes reconnect levels to fall back to normal levels.
* **TFT board skins failing to load(8/14, ~13 hours)** New boards earnable via the first battlepass mission start are unable to be equipped and loaded. Store team investigates, and finds that the store catalogue doesn’t have the new boards enabled. Content teams enable the boards in the store, and players are able to redeem and activate their boards properly.
**Game Stuff: **
* **Issues with emotes and little legends(8/2, ~26 minutes)** Automated alerts notify the NOC that issues are cropping up with recently purchased emotes and little legends not available for use. Before teams start a deep-dive investigation, the alerts cease and levels return to normal.
(Sorry about the delay, but here it is!)