Inquiry - Stories and Role Play?

Hello. I'm Tiahmet. Some time ago a friend of mine acquainted me with LoL and informed me that this community had some pretty dedicated writers who liked to indulge in active, participating story telling. Basically, am I in the write place to create my own story/adventure and have others join and participate with me? I'm new here and apologize for placing this here if it is wrong. Anyway, if I am in the right place I have a couple ideas I would just love to share with you all. Be great to go on an adventure with you!

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

You have the right idea. Sometimes people run RPs like you described: essentially a D&D plot without the dice. Other times people just make a character or put themselves in the shoes of a canon character and interact with each other, too. The original formula around here was actually more like a newspaper Q and A column, with people sending champions mail. That's why you see so many "Ask a Champion" threads. Things evolved from there and now there is much more to do that just that. Check out the stickied threads to get an idea of who's active and the general formats people use around here.
For open storywriting, especially if you have fixed characters, then RPing is *not* advised due to a general rule of thumb for all RPing - **Expect. People. To do. Random. Shit.** However, if you enjoy situations or games akin to D&D, Pathfinder or CP2020 - especially for character interactions - then this is definitely the right place. DMing, so to speak, can also be done if you like. **tldr; if you like RPing out things as an OC, or watching OCs and champs interact, bip-bap-bam welcome to the clan. if you're looking more for storywriting as a fixed project, then it might be better to ask other forums.**
Oh no I am open to the idea of an open scenario. I want improvisation so if I were to enlist others than that's like several writers together. I don't want to create a linear story.
> **Tiahmet \(NA\) said:** Oh no I am open to the idea of an open scenario. I want improvisation so if I were to enlist others than that's like several writers together. I don't want to create a linear story. then like I said.**Bip-bap-bam. Welcome to the clan.**
> **bluegolisano \(NA\) said:** if you're looking more for storywriting as a fixed project, then it might be better to ask other forums.** To be fair we can do that too! But overall Tiahmet, I'm happy about your interest, welcome!
> **Krizonar \(NA\) said:** To be fair we can do that too! But overall Tiahmet, I'm happy about your interest, welcome! Appreciate it! So about how many participants do we have around here?
> **Tiahmet \(NA\) said:** Appreciate it! So about how many participants do we have around here? It is relative... and changes... decent. :D
> **Tiahmet \(NA\) said:** Appreciate it! So about how many participants do we have around here? There's still a decent amount of us who use these boards, but not every story will appeal to every person, so I can't really give you an exact answer. You're more than welcome to make a sign-up post for your idea though!

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.