The Good, The Bad, and the League: 6/6 - 6/12

_Your weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other!_ There’s a new League of Legends update coming out that’s really important. Take a gander [here](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/client/client-features/saved-login-credentials-coming-soon)! **Follow-Ups:** * **Mac voice still not working properly** Reached out to Apple for assistance (Looked into this, the core bug is still being worked on). **Ongoing** * **Avast causes players to disconnect (6/10, ~Ongoing)** NOC notices an increase in non-unique reconnects across all servers. Investigation and PS assistance leads to the discovery Avast updated and changed their runtimes, causing LoL to be recognized as a virus (we’re not, we swear). Currently ongoing with best way to fix this beyond disabling Avast. **Server Stuff: ** * **Esports missions rewards delays (6/9, ~15 minutes)** The service missions run on starts to fail. Triage starts, and the root cause seems to be information not getting from Point A to Point B. Before they “why” could be found, the issue self resolves and information gets where it needs to without failing. * **F2P rotation swaps incorrectly (6/9, ~2 days)** F2P rotation is changed for the next patch. However, the back end settings of available champions doesn’t match the actual playable F2P champions. Investigation leads to the faulty procedure that caused it to not update properly. * **Circuit Breakers tripped(6/11, ~2 hours)** Monitoring systems notice a breaker graph spiking, followed by a circuit breaker tripping. Escalated to people on site, and was possibly related to DNS issues. Breakers were flipped and fixed, quite literally flipping a switch (with a whole lot of amperage running through them though). * **DNS issues affecting services(6/11, ~2 hours)** The circuit breaker tripping (from above) caused a DNS load balancer to die (gee, thanks Kennen). Re-enabling the load balancer fixed the DNS issues, and Kennen went back to powering the servers. * **DNS issues affecting services(6/11, ~30 minutes)** The changes to get the DNS load balancer back up and running caused chat issues, as well as other services getting impacted. Engineers investigated the fix, finding an infinite loop had been programmed as part of the fix. After removing the mathematical impossibility, the services recovered. **Game Stuff: ** * **Nothing currently!** **Player Support Issues:** We’ve got Morde incoming, so let’s be ready for those bug reports just in case! If you’ve seen a bug in the client or in game recently, follow the steps on the KB article [here ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005466327-Report-a-Bug)to do it. _Morgageddon & Couch Commando_

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

Well I think I played against you twice in ranked not too long ago so I guess I can consider that decent service, (you reduced my queue time lol) that username was hard to forget. Although those disconnect issues that came up scared me from playing for a day or two.
> **Tahminatrix \(NA\) said:** Well I played against you twice in ranked not too long ago so I guess I can consider that decent service, (you reduced my queue time lol) that username was hard to forget. Although those disconnect issues that came up scared me from playing for a day or two. Oh hey whats up! I play ranked from time to time, maybe I'll see you again :) Sorry the scares. I hope overall you've had good service playing League.
nice job ERIC and couch
Still can't play a game, since Friday the 7th. I load into the game fine, but about every 40-50 seconds, I disconnect and get a "Attempting to Reconnect" message that pops up. After about 20-30 seconds of that, I connect again and everything is fine. I don't have Avast or AVG; but I've ran Avastclear.exe about 9 times just to be certain. I saw the notification, so I figured that must be the problem. I saw the post that stated if we were still having issues, to seek further help from Avast. So this morning I spent an hour on the phone with an Avast Support Technician, and they confirmed (through an app that gives them control of my computer) I don't have Avast or AVG on my computer. They were just as confused as I was, as to why I was calling them about a problem with Riot's game. They were willing to try and solve the issue, for a service charge of $80. Considering I don't have their programs, I couldn't justify taking this option. My internet is not the problem, during the disconnects Spotify, twitch and youtube all run fine in the background. My PS4 is playing Netflix fine and I can download things on my computer, but I can't keep a constant connection on League. The client works fine, I can voice/text chat, but can't even stay in a custom game 2 minutes without getting the "Attempting to Reconnect" message. In addition to removing Avast/AVG (which again, I never had) I've disabled all firewalls and virus protections I have (Windows Defender), I re-installed League, I've called my internet provider (Spectrum), and I've even wiped my entire computer clean (both apps and personal files) and when I rebooted my computer, the very first app I installed was League. Even with a fresh computer, with only League on it, I still have the same issue. I've scoured this forum for help, the only answer I see are the disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions. Neither of those solutions work for me. I submitted a ticket on the 10th? Got one response telling me to disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions (sounds familiar...) and the next was an extremely generic and almost insulting "Did you try unplugging your modem?". My latest response has my log from the HRT, hopefully that will give some information as to what is happening. Sorry for the rant, but I honestly feel like I've done _**EVERYTHING**_ I can do to solve this, while Riot is just blaming another company that their game doesn't work. Also doesn't help that I was demoted a rank from this issue when they first started to happen on Friday, and none of my friends that play are having this issue.
Hi! I have AVG installed and had the disconnect bug (AVG belongs to Avast, but I didn't know it). Disabling AVG solved the problem. What are good alternative free antimalware suites to install in the meantime?
Im have been having a problem with the client. If it does not get stuck on authenticating it constantly disconects me from the client. But I only have the default ativirus software that the pc cones with. Is that related or not?
Since I have no idea where exactly to post this I'll just ask here. Do you guys have any plans to make Hextech crafting into blue essence possible in increments larger than 1? Currently trying to convert leftover trials tokens into blue essence feels like going to a candy store to buy a bag of your favourite candy except you can only pay for 1 candy at a time and you have to go back to the end of the line after each payment.
> **patmax17 \(EUW\) said:** Hi! I have AVG installed and had the disconnect bug (AVG belongs to Avast, but I didn't know it). Disabling AVG solved the problem. What are good alternative free antimalware suites to install in the meantime? There probably really isn't. AVG is the best freeware of its kind. You may be ok just disabling it while you play, and relying on MS included.
I dont know who still uses AVG after they sold out and became a virus like Norton. Use Avira or panda. Avira had my vote but either is better than AVG and Avast
> **DABS Strange \(NA\) said:** Still can't play a game, since Friday the 7th. I load into the game fine, but about every 40-50 seconds, I disconnect and get a "Attempting to Reconnect" message that pops up. After about 20-30 seconds of that, I connect again and everything is fine. I don't have Avast or AVG; but I've ran Avastclear.exe about 9 times just to be certain. I saw the notification, so I figured that must be the problem. I saw the post that stated if we were still having issues, to seek further help from Avast. So this morning I spent an hour on the phone with an Avast Support Technician, and they confirmed (through an app that gives them control of my computer) I don't have Avast or AVG on my computer. They were just as confused as I was, as to why I was calling them about a problem with Riot's game. They were willing to try and solve the issue, for a service charge of $80. Considering I don't have their programs, I couldn't justify taking this option. My internet is not the problem, during the disconnects Spotify, twitch and youtube all run fine in the background. My PS4 is playing Netflix fine and I can download things on my computer, but I can't keep a constant connection on League. The client works fine, I can voice/text chat, but can't even stay in a custom game 2 minutes without getting the "Attempting to Reconnect" message. In addition to removing Avast/AVG (which again, I never had) I've disabled all firewalls and virus protections I have (Windows Defender), I re-installed League, I've called my internet provider (Spectrum), and I've even wiped my entire computer clean (both apps and personal files) and when I rebooted my computer, the very first app I installed was League. Even with a fresh computer, with only League on it, I still have the same issue. I've scoured this forum for help, the only answer I see are the disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions. Neither of those solutions work for me. I submitted a ticket on the 10th? Got one response telling me to disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions (sounds familiar...) and the next was an extremely generic and almost insulting "Did you try unplugging your modem?". My latest response has my log from the HRT, hopefully that will give some information as to what is happening. Sorry for the rant, but I honestly feel like I've done _**EVERYTHING**_ I can do to solve this, while Riot is just blaming another company that their game doesn't work. Also doesn't help that I was demoted a rank from this issue when they first started to happen on Friday, and none of my friends that play are having this issue. Wifi or wired? Also, have you ever run a trace route to see if there's network node problems somewhere from your house to our servers?
Can you please, give NA language options, you've personally ruined my fun by making it IMPOSSIBLE to use korean client, (which for some reason is far superior in performance to the very buggy NA client) or the Japanese client, these are languages I am looking to learn maybe even get a major in and I can't even make the learning fun by changing client like I used to in s4-s7, you also shouldn't have a reason to be so forceful to ONLY english in NA when NA is the cultural melting pot of the world AND you can use every language on PBE so it shouldn't even be that hard to implement.....
> **DABS Strange \(NA\) said:** Still can't play a game, since Friday the 7th. I load into the game fine, but about every 40-50 seconds, I disconnect and get a "Attempting to Reconnect" message that pops up. After about 20-30 seconds of that, I connect again and everything is fine. I don't have Avast or AVG; but I've ran Avastclear.exe about 9 times just to be certain. I saw the notification, so I figured that must be the problem. I saw the post that stated if we were still having issues, to seek further help from Avast. So this morning I spent an hour on the phone with an Avast Support Technician, and they confirmed (through an app that gives them control of my computer) I don't have Avast or AVG on my computer. They were just as confused as I was, as to why I was calling them about a problem with Riot's game. They were willing to try and solve the issue, for a service charge of $80. Considering I don't have their programs, I couldn't justify taking this option. My internet is not the problem, during the disconnects Spotify, twitch and youtube all run fine in the background. My PS4 is playing Netflix fine and I can download things on my computer, but I can't keep a constant connection on League. The client works fine, I can voice/text chat, but can't even stay in a custom game 2 minutes without getting the "Attempting to Reconnect" message. In addition to removing Avast/AVG (which again, I never had) I've disabled all firewalls and virus protections I have (Windows Defender), I re-installed League, I've called my internet provider (Spectrum), and I've even wiped my entire computer clean (both apps and personal files) and when I rebooted my computer, the very first app I installed was League. Even with a fresh computer, with only League on it, I still have the same issue. I've scoured this forum for help, the only answer I see are the disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions. Neither of those solutions work for me. I submitted a ticket on the 10th? Got one response telling me to disable Avast/AVG or add League to exceptions (sounds familiar...) and the next was an extremely generic and almost insulting "Did you try unplugging your modem?". My latest response has my log from the HRT, hopefully that will give some information as to what is happening. Sorry for the rant, but I honestly feel like I've done _**EVERYTHING**_ I can do to solve this, while Riot is just blaming another company that their game doesn't work. Also doesn't help that I was demoted a rank from this issue when they first started to happen on Friday, and none of my friends that play are having this issue. This sounds exactly like my problem. 30 seconds to a 1:30 is when it will happen for me. I have also scoured the boards and still have this issue. I don’t get a trying to reconnect and my voice chat still works. Just doesn’t let me play freezes everything.
Hi riot Games tell me why give me ban chat from am toxic if you see I flame the feeder I report him if you have report for all players and I have ban chat. Ok am toxic with the feeder or troller teammate if he troll I flame him why ban me and no ban the feeder? Tell me your opinion in my gmail
This is a Bit off Topic but we need Some Balance Change to Twisted Treeline, It has been 4 years and 7 days since the last balance/Map rework. We need something done on that map to bring back the player base for it. Dominion was scraped for Ascension
Seeing the results of the poll so far, I am not surprised.
Brah give up on that map They made clear they don't care for it or about it. Or any game mode outside of the normal rank system.
Riot, you suck. You're absolutely shameless.
Riot fix shaco, put him back into a good spot again. PLEASE!!!!!!! he is either okay when he is super fed or completely useless if behind.
Still having a lot of issues with missions, from the looks of it. I'm now being told I'm "ineligible" to complete "Watch & Earn: level 1" and I *still* can't get credit for watching all of my team's games (have the team pass). I did submit support tickets, but they've closed them while telling me that they can't solve the issue; is there a place we can get updates on that? From the looks of your post, not all of these issues appear to be happening to many players, but I haven't gotten resolution for my particular issues.

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.