Mandatory Email Verification

Hey All, A few months back we announced [our plans](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/riot-official/fEFqxqMH-in-client-email-verification) to roll out mandatory email verification later this year. There was an initial grace period, where players without a verified email address were notified of the upcoming need to verify through a pop-up message in game. We are now transitioning from that optional notification to mandatory verification, which means you will need to have a verified email before you are able to continue playing the game. The primary intention for this is to provide better account security as well as to unlock future functionality like multifactor authentication and automated account recovery. To make sure the process is as smooth as possible, we will be rolling out mandatory verification for a test group of players in NA/EUW/EUNE while the remaining unverified players will continue to see the optional notification. Once we've confirmed the initial tests work, we will expand the test group until it becomes mandatory for all NA/EUW/EUNE players. If you have issues preventing you from verifying, you can contact player support [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). Select the request type, **"I need help with Account Management"**. For general info about email verification, check out our Knowledge Base article [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751744)

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

Thanks for the heads up. Been looking forward to improved security for a long time, 2FA in particular!
Good. That would dampen people botting to sell alts.
Em... Now, i dont know if i've already verified my email, but the one i used to create my main account with is locked because of Michrosofts !"#¤ randomass security bullshit they like to throw out just to make people hate them. Anyhow, that means i cant verify it again, and im sure im not the only one in that situation... what can be done there? Just contact player support?
Thanks! This’ll curb the problem of banned players buying Level 30 accounts.
> **dkznikolaj \(EUW\) said:** Em... Now, i dont know if i've already verified my email, but the one i used to create my main account with is locked because of Michrosofts !"#¤ randomass security bullshit they like to throw out just to make people hate them. Anyhow, that means i cant verify it again, and im sure im not the only one in that situation... what can be done there? Just contact player support? Reach out to Player Support and we can help you look into it
just done it , but will we get the 4 wins boosters like before or not anymore ?
it would dampen the number, but really, one person could probably set up 10 accounts or 20 in a day give 10 people that power and you have 100 to 200 bots being made per day I guess that's better than thousands though but it's still wrong
> **3TWarrior \(NA\) said:** it would dampen the number, but really, one person could probably set up 10 accounts or 20 in a day give 10 people that power and you have 100 to 200 bots being made per day I guess that's better than thousands though but it's still wrong It's more when the botters sell accounts. Unverified email accounts are worth more because the buyer can use the email they have and not risk losing it in the future because the seller did a "recovery".
Man thanks for the reminder. I have been forgetting about email verifications so many times {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
So you want players who haven't verified to verify or all players should RE-verify ????
I cannot be possibly happier about this! As someone who has tried to introduce quite a few people to this game, the amount of them that stop playing because they were always paired with botters was ridiculously high. Anything aiding in the stop against botting, whether intentional or not, is a perfect step in the right direction for Riot; the new player experience is still pretty bad right now but this will help so much.
Players who have not verified to verify, People who have verified should be good.
> multifactor authentication Get this shit out of here. Idiots that give away their accounts will still do so. Everyone else will just be annoyed beyond belief every time they have to jump through hoops, dig in their spam folder or wait for delayed messages.
Please fuck off this shit. It does nothing to help us.
I hope you remember every little detail you put on your league account...1st champion bought ect...cause if you don't you can probably kiss your account good bye
I understand the intent of this move and want it to succeed, so allow me to be blunt. This probably isn’t gonna work. Email based varification is still far too easily duped, especially considering how easily email addresses can be made. I will strongly advise that a much more difficult to spoof/replicate piece of contact information, such as a cell phone number which requires SMS text verification, be used instead.

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.