1. It doesn't regen. It can only heal via fountain and some effects that heal non-champs like Redemption.
2. They just changed it, that's all. A 3 minute cooldown ultimate that just runs it down felt kinda bad yknow?
3. It does ~50% of Yorick's AD every second, which is indeed a lot. It has 0 armor and magic resist but a ton of health (ranks 2 and 3, rank 1 ult is pretty squishy).
4. It's not directly controllable. While I agree its AI is better than Daisy's, it can't be freely directed like Daisy can, which means the AI is easily abusable by the opponent since it essentially acts like a minion that follows him at a set distance.
Yorick is extremely reliant on the Maiden being alive. He's pretty damn weak without it and it has a ridiculously long cooldown.
There's 2 ways to fight him:
1. 100-0 burst him. Yorick is not an innately tanky champion. His tankiness is item-reliant so until he builds a defensive item he's pretty squishy (they typically go Trinity 1st item).
2. Just kill the Maiden. Like previously stated, the Maiden is nearly 50% of Yorick's kit. It always follows him at a set distance, so if he ever pushes into turret and backs off, his Maiden essentially acts like an Ekko ghost and runs to the furthest point Yorick ran to before retreating with him. Yorick also has no way to recall the Maiden when it's attacking something other than walking a long distance away to trigger the leash range.