The Good, The Bad, and the League: 9/5 - 9/18

_Your semi-weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other! (Delayed a few days because life happened)_ Worlds group stages have just been drawn, there’s a free TFT capsule with Twitch Prime, some updates to peering may help lower ping for some players, and final tweaks for 9.19 are on PBE. **Follow-Ups:** * **Mac voice still not working properly** (Bug grouped with other Mac bugs) **Ongoing** * ** None ** **Server Stuff: ** * **Backup databases unable to backup(9/10, ~80 minutes)** Automated alerting notifies the NOC that ping loss is high on a backup database. A technician on site uncovers that the physical host is down. A brief diagnostic of the chassis points to a bad power supply. The technician replaces the bad power supply, drains a backup battery supply, then reboots the backup successfully. * **Leagues error causes players to be unable to join Clash testing(9/16, ~37 minutes)** A change to networking routes causes programs to send data to the wrong location. Because of this, players would be unable to join Clash tournaments (due to the request ending up in a black hole of nothingness). Fixing the network route enables players to connect to Clash tournaments properly. * **Ranked not enabled after maintenance window(9/18, ~29 minutes)** Maintenance is completed early in the morning. However, implementer of various checklist items did not fully complete the checklist (forgot to re-enable ranked queues). The error was noticed shortly after completion, a quick oops caused by human error. * **Twitch Prime promo in store leads to 404 error (9/18, ~2 hours)** Banner was changed in the League client pointing to the Twitch Prime promo. The NOC is notified that clicking on the promotion leads to nowhere. NOC alerts the proper team, which shows the banner was put up too early. Banner is later enabled at proper time when link works again. **Game Stuff: ** * **Micropatch causes game to end in error(9/11, ~4 hours)** A micropatch for TFT goes out, and automated monitoring doesn’t trigger for several hours (alarm finally activated when the level was high enough). NOC manually kills all bad ghost games, and investigation shows the micropatch caused the freezing. _Morgageddon_

Posts are displayed here in chronological (time, oldest first, newest last) order, like a regular web forum.

Would your team know anything about this? After I play a game of TFT and switch to Normal league ARAM/Norms/Ranked I experience random spikes of FPS drops until I restart my PC. I can play as much SR/HB as I want and as much TFT as I want, I can go from SR to TFT with no issues, but when I go from TFT to SR I experience heavy frame loss. I restarted mid game and the issue went away. I looked though my PC to see if my memory or some device was not performing up to spec, nothing was immediately noticeable. Before TFT I had just upgraded my PC with a new SSD and extra memory, my computer was functioning 100% better. Now that I play TFT a bit more then before, and they have gotten much worse, I've noticed these spikes more and have only pinned it down to TFT any other symptoms I have not been able to deduce. I was considering a fresh install to see how that goes. Thoughts?
> **AIQ \(NA\) said:** Would your team know anything about this? After I play a game of TFT and switch to Normal league ARAM/Norms/Ranked I experience random spikes of FPS drops until I restart my PC. I can play as much SR/HB as I want and as much TFT as I want, I can go from SR to TFT with no issues, but when I go from TFT to SR I experience heavy frame loss. I restarted mid game and the issue went away. I looked though my PC to see if my memory or some device was not performing up to spec, nothing was immediately noticeable. Before TFT I had just upgraded my PC with a new SSD and extra memory, my computer was functioning 100% better. Now that I play TFT a bit more then before, and they have gotten much worse, I've noticed these spikes more and have only pinned it down to TFT any other symptoms I have not been able to deduce. I was considering a fresh install to see how that goes. Thoughts? A fresh install would be good to check. I'll ask a friend on QA, see if there's any issues between TFT to SR causing FPS drops. I'm guessing your GPU drivers are up to date as well?
ok so if i let my pc time out or put in sleep mode while the client is open. the next time i open /start my pc i can not get the client to open. i have to restart the pc. this has happen for about a month now. i have windows 10 and a newer pc. also when i do exit the client and close it i get a bug splat error.
Yes sir, I just did it today as well, same story (no reinstall though I'll do that later today)... This time I started with TFT then went to SR fortunately it was a remake because the frame drop was crazy, restarted my PC and and I played SR the rest of the day just fine, played some TFT at the end no issues. Weird I know, but it's clearly TFT and maybe my PC that don't like each other?
> **AIQ \(NA\) said:** Yes sir, I just did it today as well, same story (no reinstall though I'll do that later today)... This time I started with TFT then went to SR fortunately it was a remake because the frame drop was crazy, restarted my PC and and I played SR the rest of the day just fine, played some TFT at the end no issues. Weird I know, but it's clearly TFT and maybe my PC that don't like each other? That's odd, because TFT runs on the exact same engine that LoL does...what GPU do you have? Have you tried resetting everything to defaults to see if there's a setting buried in the config that's an issue? Have you tried playing TFT/LoL on a smurf account to see if it's something account specific as well?
> **MrFawknSunshine \(NA\) said:** ok so if i let my pc time out or put in sleep mode while the client is open. the next time i open /start my pc i can not get the client to open. i have to restart the pc. this has happen for about a month now. i have windows 10 and a newer pc. also when i do exit the client and close it i get a bug splat error. Most likely one of the client .exe processes freezes and can't be killed. Have you verified all Riot related processes are gone through Windows Task Manager when you boot out of sleep?
Computer core specs: Geforce GTX 950, I5 CPU, 16 GB of RAM Corsair Brand, Samsung 500GB SSD, Internet is 100MBPS. Not the best rig in the world, but certainly good enough for League and has been. I ran a bunch of test games. First I uninstalled league updated any drivers I could find for anything that might impact league, then reinstalled which reset my setting I left it that way because I didn't want to change anything myself. I switched to another account and then I started with an ARAM (I got Shyvana WOOT!) After that I went to TFT and during the game I noticed a small amount of drops, but nothing like before, perhaps I never noticed it happened on the first TFT before since TFT requires a lot less attention. Afterwards though it was the same story, I played another ARAM and it was not as bad as normal (I also got Shvyana AGAIN!), but it was clearly still there. After 2 games the frames were actually very tolerable very rare drops. I reduced all my setting to the bare min, jumped into a practice tool and it still was about the same so the amount of action was not causing it I stood still till the leaver busters came on and I dropped frames maybe 4 times. I attempted the "test" on my laptop which is newer, but weaker than my main PC. IT had no issues doing the same at the highest settings across the board. I have no idea why I can play SR all day with no issues and when I play 1 TFT everything dies until I restart makes no sense. I restarted my PC and played 4 SR games 0 issues. I have no idea what causes it.
U can submit a support ticket https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new With screenshots and some evidences and Hextech Repair Tool https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/224826367-Automated-Troubleshooting-Hextech-Repair-Tool
> **AIQ \(NA\) said:** Computer core specs: Geforce GTX 950, I5 CPU, 16 GB of RAM Corsair Brand, Samsung 500GB SSD, Internet is 100MBPS. Not the best rig in the world, but certainly good enough for League and has been. I ran a bunch of test games. First I uninstalled league updated any drivers I could find for anything that might impact league, then reinstalled which reset my setting I left it that way because I didn't want to change anything myself. I switched to another account and then I started with an ARAM (I got Shyvana WOOT!) After that I went to TFT and during the game I noticed a small amount of drops, but nothing like before, perhaps I never noticed it happened on the first TFT before since TFT requires a lot less attention. Afterwards though it was the same story, I played another ARAM and it was not as bad as normal (I also got Shvyana AGAIN!), but it was clearly still there. After 2 games the frames were actually very tolerable very rare drops. I reduced all my setting to the bare min, jumped into a practice tool and it still was about the same so the amount of action was not causing it I stood still till the leaver busters came on and I dropped frames maybe 4 times. I attempted the "test" on my laptop which is newer, but weaker than my main PC. IT had no issues doing the same at the highest settings across the board. I have no idea why I can play SR all day with no issues and when I play 1 TFT everything dies until I restart makes no sense. I restarted my PC and played 4 SR games 0 issues. I have no idea what causes it. A support ticket with logs might be best. Since you compared between computers and your desktop has it, but your laptop doesn't, there's most likely something running on the desktop or possibly problematic with your hardware and League.
I have a question regarding Clash: I trust prior purchased tickets are still registered and possible to use for increased rewards? I spent 11340 BE on 12 tickets last year, but never got to use them because of all the cancellations. EDIT: Can confirm the prior purchased tickets are still there.
Has Apple responded to help with the Mac Voice Chat bug?
Appreciate the attempt, seems the patch fixed whatever the issue was. I cannot recreate it anymore. Thanks
Thanks patch seemed to fix it.
> **EATARI \(NA\) said:** Has Apple responded to help with the Mac Voice Chat bug? I am following this kind of post for a while now and I have never got an answer about it... 12 months without voice chat on Mac... How is that possible that while Skype, Discord, Ts and every other program that need access to the microphone works, but not LoL????
I assume it’s because those programs were designed around being able to receive microphone audio, while it was implemented later in development for LOL. I just hope that Apple will be able to help with it.
> **beppedessi \(EUW\) said:** I am following this kind of post for a while now and I have never got an answer about it... 12 months without voice chat on Mac... How is that possible that while Skype, Discord, Ts and every other program that need access to the microphone works, but not LoL???? It's a bit of a weird bad unicorn problem to have. Our Mac developers are currently working on Catalina and Catalina based problems, and while that bug has existed for a long time, higher priority more recent issues also cause the backlog to shift around appropriately when there are problems with upcoming patches that prevent games from being played at all on Mac, as a case example. This bug hasn't been forgotten. It's just being moved up and down a priority list whenever something more critical comes in ahead of it. Wish I could say it would be fixed with the next patch, but I can't even say that. I can say I do keep the associated JIRA ticket (and dependables) on my bookmarks to check it every few days.
https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/Nw4qQbwy-championship-ashe-golden-chroma-icon this is "the league" I have spent nearly 2k gbp on league over the course of 4 years and this is how I and many others are repayed.
This is why none of us should spend any more money on this game. They don't care about us, neither as customers or as individuals, and they don't deseve our money or our respect anymore.

This is a fanmade archive of the leagcy League of Legends forums/boards. LeagueBoards.net isn't endorsed by Riot Games and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.